THE JAGUAR XJ SERIES
Driving the XJ is a unique experience. Thanks to its rigid but lightweight aluminum construction and near perfect weight distribution, the XJ delivers agile, dynamic performance in a full size sedan. Intuitive on-board technologies make driving pleasurable, from the effortless gearshift and enhanced driving control of the JaguarDrive Selector™ and JaguarDrive Control™ to the smooth and responsive gear changes of Jaguar Sequential Shift™, which adapts to suit your driving style. What’s more, Adaptive Dynamics monitors driver inputs and optimizes the car’s suspension settings for a superb combination of ride comfort and control. *
Dynamic performance is built into every XJ engine to help ensure outstanding performance and efficiency. For responsive, whisper-smooth gear changes and remarkable fuel efficiency, a state-of-the-art 8-speed automatic transmission is mated to all three XJ engines. The engine range extends from the superb 3.0 liter, supercharged V6 340 hp engine found in the XJ and XJ AWD, to the impressive 5.0 liter, supercharged V8 470 hp engine found in the XJ Supercharged, to the most powerful engine ever fitted to the XJ line: the 5.0 liter, supercharged V8 550 hp engine found in the XJR.
- 19- inch Aleutian alloy wheels
- Atomatic bi-function HID xenon headlights with LED Signature Lights
- LED tail lights
- Panoramic moonroof with electric tilt/slide opening front panel and power blinds
- Front and rear parking aid with Touch-screen visual indicator and reverse park camera with guidance lines display*
- Soft grain leather heated front and rear seats
- 8-way power adjustable front seats with three-position driver memory and 4-way lumbar support
- Burl Walnut veneer
- Morzine headliner
- Jaguar Smart Key System™ with Keyless entry and Keyless start
- 3.0L 340 hp V6 Supercharged engine
- 8-speed ZF® electronically controlled automatic transmission with JaguarDrive Selector™ and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Intelligent Stop/Start
- JaguarDrive Control™ with Dynamic and Winter Modes*
- Adaptive Dynamics and self-leveling rear air suspension
Safety & Security
- Dual-stage front airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)**
- Front seat-mounted side airbags (SRS)**
- Side-curtain airbags (SRS)**
- Active front-seat head restraints with whiplash protection
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
Comfort & Control
Even the windows and mirrors on the XJ are a cut above. The car’s glass is laminated to reduce exterior noise and solar glare. The rear window and exterior mirrors can be heated to eliminate condensation or frost. And when the sensors on the windshield detect the first drops, they instantly activate the wipers at the appropriate speed.
Look closely at the XJ. Unique details enhance its coupe-like profile and flowing lines with striking signature styling cues, such as the cat’s claw rear LED light clusters. Wheel design is also a powerful expression of styling. A wide variety of optional designs is available for your XJ in 19 inch or 20 inch diameters.
Adaptive Front Lighting
Adaptive Front Lighting is standard on XJ Supercharged and XJR models. System sensors are designed to react to the car’s speed and steering, directing the headlights to cast light deeper into corners. It also provides extra LED corner illumination when maneuvering at low speeds. Intelligent High Beam, included with this feature, automatically switches between high and low beams to adjust to oncoming or preceding traffic.*
The trunk lid is opened and closed electronically with either a single press on the remote key or by the external bumper switch. The lid can be easily programmed to open to your required height.
The instrument cluster on the XF includes a full-color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) center display. With high contrast and sharp resolution graphics, this TFT display communicates key messages at a glance, such as the fuel gauge, entertainment and trip information.
Switches mounted on the steering wheel control the entertainment system and cruise control, and engage Interactive Voice™, which accesses the latest voice recognition system for many functions, such as destination entry, phone calling or radio tuning.5 The system is fully integrated with the Virtual Instruments, which display driver input and selections.
Automatic Climate Controls
Adjust the environment to suit you and your passengers with dual-zone or available four-zone automatic climate control. Both systems include air-particle and odor filtration, humidity control and automatic window defogging.
Soft Door Close
* These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention, and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions. The driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
** Please remember that the safety belts in a vehicle constitute the primary protection system for driver and passengers in collisions. Airbags are not designed to deploy in all collisions. The airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) is a supplement to the safety belts and is designed to work as a system with the safety belts. Although airbags provide additional protection, airbags without safety belts do not provide optimal protection in a crash. Always wear your safety belts. Children younger than 13 years old should always be properly restrained in a back seat, away from airbags. Never place an infant seat in the front seat.